Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Council Tool Pack Axe & Stihl MS290 WoodCutter's Combo

Just wanted to share a quick update on the Council Pack Axe.  I have found it to be a great faller's buddy.  It's great for limbing, using the heel as a pickaroon to lift the logs, pounding in wedges with the large square poll(that is hardened by the way), and even the length is handy for doing quick measurements on log length for consistency when cutting.  I just can't say enough good things about it.  People falling the big timber would probably want a larger version or axe.  But for most people I think this would be the top choice.  It's a 2lb head on a 18" handle.  There is an in depth review I've posted of the axe as well. 


Also I have added a Stihl MS290 to my outdoor arsenal.  I picked it up used.  I thought it did great for this first job.  Will post more on it later after more time with it. 


  






thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment